Compare the Candidates
Law Enforcement & Public Safety
Voted to lessen criminal penalties for violent criminals (HJ 5396 4/16/21)
Voted against funding Violent Crime Enforcement Teams to combat drug and human trafficking, gangs and car-jacking crimes (HJ 6302, 4/21/21)
- Voted against increased penalties for a gang member in possession of a firearm (HJ 762, 6/29/21)
- Voted against increased penalties for first degree assault against peace officer, prosecutor, judge, correctional officer or National Guard member resulting in great bodily harm (HJ 6319 4/21/19)
- Voted against regulating charitable bail organizations such as Minnesota Freedom Fund and prohibiting charitable bail organizations from providing bail for defendants charged with a violent offense, defendants who have a criminal conviction for a violent offense, or a defendant required to register as a predatory offender (ISS HJ 758, 6/29/2021)
- Voted to defund police (HJ 242 6/18/20)
- Voted to allow a city or county to disarm its police (HJ 5120, 4/29/21)
- Voted against increased penalties for the sale of fentanyl (HJ 12639, 4/29/21)
Supports fully funding law enforcement so police can keep our communities safe.
Supports full sentencing for violent criminals.
Supports increased penalties for gang members in possession of a firearm.
Supports zero tolerance for first degree assault causing great bodily arm for those who protect us.
Supports regulating charitable bail organizations such as Minnesota Freedom Fund for those with violent offenses, and those required to register as a predatory offender.
Supports funding programs to combat drug and human trafficking, gangs and car-jacking crimes.
Supports fully armed police in every community.
Supports increased penalties for sale of Fentanyl.
Economy & Taxes
Voted against legislation supporting mining in Minnesota (HJ 6046 A-12 amendment, 4/21/21)
Voted against ending needless and frivolous lawsuits that block the Line 3 project (HJ 228 A-27 amendment, 6/21/21)
- Voted against legislation that would stop the costly overreaching California cars mandate (HJ 497, A-2 amendment, 6/25/21)
- Voted against social security tax relief for seniors and instead use the tax break for Hollywood film studios (SSI HJ 792, 6/30/21)
- Voted to raise taxes $1.6 Billion (in transportation over the next four years) HJ 5432, 4/17/21
Supports Minnesota Mining.
Supports ending frivolous lawsuits that erode our ability for energy independence, and a strong economy.
- Supports choice for electric, gas or diesel vehicles, not a California mandate for electric only.
- Supports ending Social Security tax for seniors.
- Supports tax reductions to attract new businesses and high paying jobs.
Voted for divisive and racist CRT social studies curriculum ( HJ 5550, HJ 5546, 4/19/21)
Voted against investigating waste, fraud, and abuse in state contracting (HJ 5365 4/16/21)
Supports the pledge of alliance recited daily, with curriculum to assure civics, history, math, science, reading, writing, basic life skills, entrepreneurship, trade programs.
Supports audits of all programs with expected target outcomes for success for continued funding to avoid a scandal as the $250 million Covid Fraud case through the MN Department of Education.
Voted against restoring $68 million of nursing home cuts (HJ 4435 4/25/19)
Voted against providing more mental health beds for children (HJ 6801, 4/26/21)
Voted to cut rates for disability services (HJ 6810, 4/26/21)
- Supports a commitment to fund nursing homes and assisted livings.
- Supports a commitment to fund disability services.
- Supports increased funding for mental health for kids and adults.